In 2021, EOSC-Pillar project ran the “National Initiatives” survey which provided a snapshot of the state of national initiatives on open data and services in the five EOSC-Pillar countries (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy).
An entire section of the survey was dedicated to assess the needs and difficulties researchers face when re-using data, in particular what hinders and what facilitates the findability, accessibility, interoperability and reusability (FAIR) of data from a researcher’s perspective. The survey is continuing towards a broader discussion with all researchers and their teams to collect their opinions and provide recommendations to EOSC and its service providers.
At the same time, the DICE project started aiming to provide to all EOSC researchers and communities data management services for making their data FAIR and fill some of the gaps identified in the survey. The services are designed to be used across all domains and thus, are potentially useful to all research communities in Europe.
- Want to know the outcomes of the survey?
- Would you like to bring new findings and recommendations for the implementation of EOSC?
- Have you had experience in making your data FAIR and do you want to share the difficulties you have encountered?
- Are you looking for services to support you in making your data FAIR?
Then join EOSC-Pillar and DICE for this webinar.
Why attend this webinar instead of others?
- Have the opportunity to share your own experience and help other researchers
- Get a brief overview on state of the art service for data management
- Watch at your own time (live and on-demand)
Who should attend and why
The webinar is open to all, but the following are highly encouraged to attend, particularly those interested in making their research activities more FAIR:
- Researchers, both attached to institutions and independent citizen scientists
- Repository managers in academic or research institutions
- Research community managers
- Actors in the EOSC community that are interested in the practicalities of handling and producing research data